Instituto de Idiomas Speak Up ¡Aprende inglés, hablando inglés!
IELTS & TOEFL
Trabaja en Speak Up
CONOCE TU NIVEL DE INGLÉS Y SUPÉRATE
Lugar de residencia:
Lugar de trabajo:
Nivel de Instrucción
¿Cuál es la sucursal de tu preferencia?
¿Cómo llegaste a está página?
-- Seleccione una opción --
Los Prados - Rep. Dominicana
Zona Oriental - Rep. Dominicana - Rep. Dominicana
Bayside - Venezuela
La Asunción - Venezuela
-- Seleccione una opción --
A través de Facebook
A través de Instagram
A través de la radio.
A través de Twitter
A través de un Call Center
Alguien me habló de Speak Up
Los encontré en buscadores de Internet (Google, Bing,...)
Pasé frente al local y me llamó la atención
Recibí un volante que llamó mi atención
Choose the best word or phrase to fill in the gap.
1. Excuse ______, is this seat free? - Yes, it is.
2. Hi, my name is Juan. - Nice to meet ______ Juan. I’m David.
3. ______ are you from, Juan?
4. I ______ from Argentina.
5. Are you a student? - Yes, ______
6. How old are you? - ______ twenty years old.
My age is
7. I like pasta ______ I don’t like pizza.
8. Kate is a ______. She works in a restaurant.
9. She has three ______: two cats and one dog.
10. Her favorite ______ in her new apartment is the kitchen.
Page 1 of 6
11. Desmond ______ planes. He’s a pilot.
12. She works Monday through Friday. She doesn’t work on ______.
Saturday and Sunday
Sunday and Tuesday
Saturday and Wednesday
Sunday and Thursday
13. Later this evening ______ out with friends to the movies.
I do go
14. My house is very near. Don’t worry -______ it very easily.
15. I didn’t see the program on tv because I ______ tennis.
16. Missouri is not ______ as California.
17. Mr Murphy is the ______ popular teacher in school.
18. Maria is taller ______ Susan.
19. ______ you ever been to Hawaii?
20. James is a good ______. - he sings and plays various instruments.
Page 2 of 6
21. He isn’t tall and he isn’t thin either. He’s ______
young and fat
short and old
short and fat
young and short
22. His favorite ______ are jeans and t-shirts.
23. He has brown hair and blue ______.
24. She likes to go skiing in the ______ when it’s very cold.
25. Sheila spoke so fast that Peter didn't understand ______ at all.
26. If we ______ now, we’ll still catch the train.
27. Debby really liked the car but decided that she ______ afford it.
28. I’m going to give up playing golf ______ I can spend more time with my kids.
29. The police wanted to know how the window ______ broken.
30. I don’t know where Sean is. He ______ be at home.
Page 3 of 6
31. Do you mind ______ I close the window?
32. Hanna ______ high school in San Francisco.
33. She enjoys studying science subjects such as ______.
chemistry and drawing
biology and math
art and history
34. After getting up, she always has ______ in the kitchen.
35. He ______ in a new apartment downtown.
36. Mark works in a grocery store. He sells ______
food and drink
37. The party was quite good but there weren't really ______ people.
38. I’m a bit tired right now. I think I'd rather ______ later.
that I go
39. Tessie ______ in the same house for twenty years now.
has been living
40. Let me know ______ you need anything and I’ll be there to help you.
Page 4 of 6
41. There’s a meeting at 3 o’clock, ______?
42. I ______ play a lot of sports but now I don’t have time.
had the habit of
43. He didn’t stop smoking even ______ his doctor told him to give up.
44. Henry enjoys ______ his bicycle in the countryside.
45. I’m going to the movies to ______ a film. Do you want to come?
46. I ______ yesterday afternoon with friends in a café.
47. Mark is very interested ______ computers.
48. Simon can ______ French but he cannot speak it.
49. They went for a walk in ______ of the heavy downpour.
50. Susan handed in her resignation only after ______ her lawyer.
Page 5 of 6
51. A good conversationalist can talk about ______ subject comes up.
52. You can’t be serious. You ______ be joking.
53. They think that they ______ their meeting in half an hour.
will be finished
will have been finished
will have finished
54. Mrs Tressle is the woman ______ purse was stolen.
55. If Terry ______ more careful, there wouldn’t have been an accident.
would have been
56. Mr Brown’s doctor advised him to ______ some new medicine.
57. We have a very busy work ______ this month.
58. Don’t ______ I can’t hear what you’re saying!
59. Mark went on ______ visit with a student from Venezuela last year.
60. Lionel went on a diet but was unable to ______ to it.
Page 6 of 6